Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More Vacation Photos

Here are the rest of our vacation pictures...

Child abuse? Nah, she loves when Daddy puts her upside down! This was in the hotel we stopped at on our way down. We left Friday, June 27 around 3:45 p.m. and drove to Princeton, W.Va where we stayed at a Super 8. We got there around 10.
Baby Girl loved the freedom of roaming about the hotel room. She especially was fascinated by the bathroom.

We arrived at Mom & Dad's around 6 p.m. on Saturday June 28. We didn't do too much Saturday night or Sunday. We went out to dinner and visited with Mom and Dad's friends.

On Monday, Anson and Dad went to play golf. I took Lily to the pool by myself. They have a very nice pool on the golf course. Lily loved the water and we had a great time. We even took a nap together in the shade. Ahhhh...it was relaxing.

Baby girl in her cute cover-up
Helping grandma drive the boat on Monday evening
Truman got to come along too
A few other days, Anson and I both took Lily to the pool. Aunt Jill, we loved the raft you got us. It worked really well.
Tuesday afternoon Anson & I left Lily with her grandparents and headed to Myrtle Beach. We stayed one night in an ocean front room. We walked around Broadway, went to a very nice dinner at the Carolina Steakhouse and walked along the beach. We tried to play mini golf but the lines were way too long.
Being silly...two of a kind...
On Wednesday evening, we went to Brookgreen Gardens. We looked at the animals, sculptures, plants and flowers. It's a beautiful place.
Lily in front of the new otter exhibit
Daddy feeding Lily to an alligator!!!
Grandma & Grandpa bought Lily a frog souvenir from the gift shop. She was cute the way she was hugging and holding it.
Grandma's Lily Garden
Thursday evening we went to the beach. Grandma and Lily playing in the sand,
Daddy & Baby Girl
Lily with her bucket. Daddy is in the background trying to get sunscreen out of his eye.
Grandpa and Lily digging a hole
Lily crawling out of the hole
Family Photo on July 4th, 2008

At a playground at their church. Lily is still a little young to truly play on a playground. But she seemed to enjoy it. Mom & I took Lily to play while Dad & Anson played in a golf tournament Friday morning.

On Friday afternoon, we drove down to Charleston to visit Patriot's Pointe. It's the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier that you can tour and learn about. They were having a huge July 4th festival. Once we tour the aircraft carrier, we drove back to Georgetown to watch fireworks. Lily seemed to look at them a little, but we were kind of far away from them so I they didn't hold her attention. It was a great day.
Anson & I were so tired that we made Lily drive home on Saturday! Haha...seriously, we were at a travel plaza and I let Lily stretch her legs in the driver's seat. I had to grab the camera when she grabbed onto the wheel and looked so cute. Lily did incredibly well on the way home. We went Saturday morning at 8 a.m. and didn't pull into our driveway until 9:45 p.m. Elmo videos and animal crackers play a large part in keeping Lily happy!
Hope all of you had a great holiday too!

4 comments:

ken & jen said...

Wow - that looks like a ton of fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Lily looks so darn cute in her bikini and little cover up!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! The one of you and anson at dinner is really nice. don't worry lily, aunt jill will teach u to drive for real someday ;)

Ann B said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Kim and Matt said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a great time. And as usual, Lily is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see her again!!! You guys all look great! And, I can't believe how long it's been since I've actually checked your blog. It seems if I don't update mine, I don't check anyone else's either....I'm trying to work on that!! Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.

Love,
Kimmy & Fam