Thursday, March 25, 2010

Especially for our #1 Fan, Maryellen!

Cousin Maryellen emailed me about my lack of blog updates lately. Sorry hon! Here's an update on our lives... After Dillon's birthday party weekend, I went to California for a fitness trade show for work. San Diego is a beautiful city and I had a great time despite my cancelled flight Friday evening that forced me to drive to LA to make my red eye flight back to Cleveland.

While I was gone, Anson began decluttering our home. We put it up for sale March 4. He got us a storage unit and took 6 van loads of stuff over there. The following week, Anson went to California for week (yeah, it would've been nice to be there together but it didn't work out that way). While he was gone, I decluttered my closet and cleaned the house so our realtor could come take inside photos. We owe Nana and Papa a HUGE thank you for watching the kids overnight once while I was gone and once while Anson was gone. This allowed us to get a lot of work done.

This past weekend, we cleaned out the garage, cleaned up the yard and Anson painted the basement! We've been super busy the past few weeks! We are having our first open house this Sunday and we are really hoping someone will come look at it. Nothing worse that cleaning your house for an open house that no one attends. I hope that doesn't happen.

As for the kids, they are growing up so fast! Lily is potty trained! Hooray!! She's been consistently going in the potty (even #2) for over a week now. She even went while we were out in public over the weekend - once at Chipotle and once at Giant Eagle. We are so proud of her. It's so true what they say...kids will go when they are ready. Lily is talking a lot now. She's so smart, too. She picks up on things and has an awesome memory. We have conversations. On the way home, she will tell me about her day - what she ate, what she played, etc. It's really cool. She always asks about my day, too! She is in the "why? why? why?" stage, though.

Dillon isn't walking quite yet but he's surely getting close. He is really developing a little personality. He babbles more and more, and he LOVES his sissy. Except when she knocks him over, which she likes to do. He's getting a lot of teeth and a little bit of hair. Can't wait for him to be walking this summer. It'll be a lot easier to play outside with him.

I'm still trying to lose weight. I work-out twice a week with my work friend/personal trainer, Mike. I'm down 15 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race...I hope!

A few pics from our visit with Grammy and Grandpa over at Uncle Jeremy & Heather's:
Our nice, clean, less cluttered home -- anyone want to buy it?
I stopped nursing Dillon when I went to California. He will take and hold his own bottle now :)
Cute video of the kids

1 comment:

ken & jen said...

First of all, way to go on the potty Lily!!! Second, I'm with Maryellen ... glad to see a post! =) And WOW is that a big dog! What an awesome photo of it too ... looks like a pic you'd see in a magazine! GOOD LUCK with your open house tomorrow!! Hope to see you guys soon - miss ya!