Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lily's First Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Lily's first day of preschool! I got to go with her. It was a shorten day from noon to 1:15. She did great and I had so much fun watching her. Here are some photos and videos from her first day.


Posing with her new Pony shirt, new shoes and new book bag.

Outside of the school. Waiting to go in.
Hanging up her book bag by her name badge.



Playing with her teacher, Mrs. Gibbons, and a classmate until all the other kids arrived.


She had no fear. She immediately started playing with other kids and forgot I was even there. Bitter Sweet moments. I was so proud of her.

The apple tree. I see a cute green apple!

Hard to see...it was hanging up pretty high, but this is Lily's artwork from her first meeting with her teacher last week. She was supposed to draw a picture of herself. She drew a flower, but later said it was a spider.


Lily's carpet square with her name on it.

Lily putting her name in the "Who's Here Today" pocket.

Getting ready to sing a song.

Circle Time

Arts & Crafts. Making a stop light.

Mrs. Gibbons helping Lily glue her stop light together.


Lining up for bathroom break.

After they go to the bathroom, they get a snack and some water. Here they are saying a pray before they eat their snack.
After I snapped this photo, she said "I couldn't smile, Mommy. I had cookie in my mouth."

Showing me her finished stop light, which is now proudly hanging on our refrigerator. She couldn't wait to show Nana, Papa, Pickle and Daddy.

Here are some videos I took while we were there.







She goes back tomorrow all by herself. Papa is going to take her and pick her up for us since he is off of work right now. I'm sure she is going to have a blast. The library bus is coming tomorrow and she gets to pick out a library book. She's excited for that.


She starts her dance class again tomorrow night, too. She is going to be one tired cookie tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a cutie pie! She is so grown up. I love the idea of the carpet squares to help keep the kids in place. I can't wait to hear all about it from Lily. Love, Mimi