Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lily's Horseback Riding Lesson

Uncle Jeremy and Heather bought Lily a horseback riding lesson for her birthday. On Sunday, we took her to have her lesson. She worked with their horse, Maverick. 



 Choosing which brushes to use on Maverick. Dillon got to participate too.


 Lacy watching and sucking her thumb!
 Cleaning his hooves and the "frog". 


 Carrying her saddle over to the horse.
 Learning how to secure the saddle.
 Dillon found a Peeve look-a-like and made a new friend.

 Taking the horse over to the arena

 All ready to ride
 Like a pro!






 Dillon got a turn too :)

 Watching them ride

Playing with puppies
 Making more friends
Giving Maverick treats for being such a good boy.

 Taking Maverick back out to the pasture.

 Meeting some of Maverick's friends.
Lily's trainer said she was quite timid during her lesson. I would be too. Horses are huge, especially when you are 5. I think she enjoyed it though :)

2 comments:

ken & jen said...

Oh how FUN!!! What a great birthday present!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Lily looks so grown up sitting on Maverick. I'm glad everyone had a good time. Love, Mimi