Monday, August 27, 2012 was Lily's first day of school!
Anson took Dillon and Lacy to Nana & Papa's and then came back home to watch her get on the bus.
The boy in the blue is Jack and he lives right next door to us. Lily and Jack are in the same classroom. Lily loves to play with him. Dillon does too! Andrew lives a few houses down, and he is in a different class.
The Kindergartens wear these name tags with their bus numbers on them for the first few weeks until the kids and teachers get to know who they are and where they are going. Lily's morning bus is #9 but she rides home on bus #11 since she goes to my parents' house after school.
All the kids waiting for the bus.
Here it comes! My heart was aching at this point, and I really didn't want that bus to take her away.
Here's where the tears came, and didn't end until an hour or so after I got to work. It was harder than I thought it would be!
Class photo that her teacher, Miss Stair, sent to all the parents.
Video that Lily's teacher made and sent to all the parents at lunch. It was just what I needed to get through the day! And I love that she was right in the front :)
Lily talking about her first day. She said she had a really good day. She even seemed smarter that evening.
Day 2 - Lily bought her lunch because it was Tuesday - Pizza Day! Nana had a doctor's appointment so I was home in the morning with Dillon and Lacy. When Lily got on the bus, Dillon cried so hard for his "Iggy." He misses her so much. He has lost his playmate and best friend. At least he has Lacy to play with.
Day 3 - Minnie Mouse outfit complete with Minnie Mouse tennis shoes!
I love hearing her talk about her day and her friends. She said she's made a lot of new friends. She usually eats lunch with Carly and Jack. Monday is music day, Tuesday is Gym day, Wednesday is computer day, Thursday is library day and Friday is art day.


No comments:
Post a Comment