Sunday, September 20, 2009

Transition to the Big Girl Bed!

Lily is such a big girl! Friday night we (Anson) took down her crib and put up this big bed for her! She loves it, and so far so good. Anson also installed a lock on her door (from the outside), so she can't fall down the stairs or wander around in the middle of the night and hurt herself.
Jumping and bouncing on her new bed!
We got her these colorful shelves/baskets to keep some toys in. I was very proud of myself. I put them together while Anson installed new faucets in both of bathrooms.
New faucet in the upstairs bathroom. We put the same one in the downstairs bathroom.
Playing on her rocking giraffe
Dillon's new room. We are looking for a changing table on Craigslist. We want to take down the pack n play but we need a place to change them.
He slept good in the crib. I think it's more comfortable and he has a lot of room.
Video of Dillon just after he woke up this morning.
Reading "The Pokey Little Puppy" to my two beautiful kids!
Eating popcorn and wearing big girl pull-ups! Lily has been doing a great job with the potty lately. She likes to wear her big girl panties and get stickers when she goes in the potty. Daddy gave her a dollar the other day when she pooped in the potty!
I'm trying to teach Dillon to hold his own bottle.
Cutie!
Lily giving Dillon a toy, and a kiss!
Cute things 2-year olds say:
  • "I'm scared," Lily says. "Scared of what?" I ask. "Dindong. He making noises!"
  • Anson has been telling Lily not to pick her wall. Now that she's in the big bed, we fear she is going to tear the border off. What in the world were we thinking when we put the border in the middle of the wall!?! Anyhow, last night, Anson was changing Lily and she said "No picking the wall." Anson said "That's right, no picking." She said,"Can I pick my eye?" Anson said "Yeah, honey. Does it itch?" She responded "Yeah, put diaper cream on it!"

There are always funny things coming out of her mouth, but I just can't think of anymore right now! She's just getting so big. She recognizing things and places. Thursday we went to dinner for Anson's b-day at the Hartville Kitchen. As we were walking in, she said "I play with train!" Today, Anson brought home Chipotle for lunch, as soon as she saw what was in his hand, she said "I want a chip!"

I gotta go clean up a mess. Lily wrote with pen all over the couch! The stain resistant finish we bought on the couch sure has come in handy. I hope the pen will come out too!

No comments: