I was gone Tuesday through Friday night. A team of us flew down to New Orleans to learn more about the Gulf Oil Spill and how our company might be able to help. It was extremely sad to be down there and talk to the locals. Especially in Grand Isle. Without the beach, there's really no tourists coming to that area and the locals we spoke to are devastated. It was amazing to see the oil washing up on the beach. This really is a catastrophe. I was really glad to come home. I missed Anson and the kids very much! Poor Anson had to hold down the fort here without me, which isn't easy. My parents were a big help, too. They kept the kids overnight on Wednesday to give Anson a break.
This week we have a big sales meeting at work that will keep me at work late on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday will be a packing night as we are leaving for vacation on Friday afternoon :)
I haven't had much time to call my friends, make plans or even think lately. Looking forward to spending some quality time with my family next week! And then getting back to some normalcy later this month!
No comments:
Post a Comment