Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Fun: Part One

I'm so behind on blogging! We've been incredibly busy this month with Mom's surgery and recovery, Mimi's visit, illness, birthdays, Halloween, etc. I'm hoping to get all the photos and updates on here by the end of the week :)


Potty time! Dillon is showing interest in the potty and has went a few times, including pooping in the potty while Mimi was here! I thought this was an adorable moment with both of them on the pot! Lily is in dance class again this year! All her dance mates are back too. She's really enjoying it. This year her class includes ballet, tap and jazz.





Lacy Lyn in the Johnny Jump Up!




Lily making her laugh and giggle


After they helped me make Uncle Jamie's birthday cake, they licked the beaters and got chocolate all over themselves!


Lily in her pretty My Little Pony jammies!




Our three cuties!





Uncle Jamie's Birthday!







Other News:



  • Mom had her knee replacement surgery on Oct. 4. Mimi stayed with us for about 2 weeks to help watch the kids while Nana recovered. We were planning to send the kids to a daycare for a few weeks, but Lily brought home a cold from preschool that prevented us from taking the kids there. My mom is so amazing. Just 2 weeks after her surgery, she insisted that she take back the kids - even though they were sick. I'm not sure what we would do with Nana (and Papa!) and I hope we never have to find out!

  • Dad's back is really bad. He's been off work for months and is in a lot of pain. His surgery is scheduled for Nov. 21, and we are praying it will provide him some relief. Please keep him in your prayers.

  • The cold Lily brought home was really bad. The entire family was sick and it took 2 weeks to get rid of it completely. Dillon had a double ear infection, Lacy ended up with an ear infection and I ended up with sinusitis, bronchitis and fluid in my ears. I missed two days of work. I'm so glad everyone is healthy now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates & pictures. I really miss everyone. Love, Mom C.