So, I know I've been a bit of a blog slacker lately...just not much news to report until Baby Boy arrives. But, here are some tidbits of everyday life for us...
Lily is 21 months old and has really begun to talk and repeat words. We took two videos below and tried to capture some of her best words.
We are trying to prepare her for Baby Boy's arrival. Pointing out babies when we can and telling her that her baby brother will be here soon. We talk about him a lot. She still lifts up my shirt to see my belly and kisses it. It's precious.
Oh, and she gives the best hugs. She wraps her little arms around our necks and squeezes. It's the best feeling. She is very fair with her hugs and kisses, too. If she gives me one then she'll immediately go over to Anson and give him one.
As I type this, she is getting really frustrated. She is trying to put her sock on my foot. And, of course, it isn't fitting. When she gets frustrated she hits. Something we are trying to teach her not to do. She'll hit puppy or even Anson and I. She has gone into timeout when she does it.
We usually give her the cups with the straws to drink from, so today I gave her a true sippy cup with handles. She got frustrated because she didn't know to tip her head back to drink it. But, we figure she needs to learn to prepare her for drinking from a regular cup.
She's a great helper to me. I can't bend over very well, so she'll pick things up for me that I've dropped, or bring me the TV remote or my slippers when they are across the room. I'm hoping to put her to work when Baby Boy is here =)
As for me and Baby Boy, we are doing well. I am really ready for his arrival, though. I wish I knew when he was going to come. Every day I go to work, I pray my water doesn't break there. I'm really hoping I'm at home when the labor begins. But, some things you just can't control. At my last doctor's appt (Thurs) the doctor guessed that I would have him a few days before my due date, which is March 13. I was disappointed with that news, but I'm trying to stay positive and think about the extra nights of sleep and warmer weather during maternity leave. My next appt is Wednesday, and I have an ultrasound. I'm excited to see him...unless of course he wants to come out before then!
4 comments:
A beautiful family you have. This is really a heart warming site.
Best of luck with the delivery, I hope it goes as smoothly as possible. Also that that transition goes well with baby boy comes home.
There's a website I visit frequently that will probably help, more when the next little one comes, iShopSummit.com. There are coupons for all sorts of things. Breakfast, lunch and dinner coupons as well.
Hope it helps. All the best to you all.
Lily repeated all the words as she watched! she is saying puppy right now. We are now blowing air ha-ha , shes precious. Thanks for the videos.
Glad to see your post! I kept telling Ken I had a feeling you were in the hospital having that baby right now ... I said she has to be because I haven't seen any posts updating her blog and that's not like her! :) Can't wait to see the post on the new arrival! Lily is going to be a great big sister!
I can't wait to talk to Lily in person. She is just too cute!! See you very soon.
Love, Mom C
Post a Comment