Sunday, April 22, 2007

Updated Nursery Pics

Here are some updated photos of the nursery. It really came together nicely. We are sooo proud of our work. =)

I had an ultrasound on Thursday because I've been measuring big. I was at 34 weeks this week. However, at the ultrasound, the technician measured me closer to 36 weeks. She said the baby already weighs 6.6 lbs. AH! I knew I was going to have a big baby! I go to the doctor's this Friday to find out if my due date needs moved up. The technician said my due date is estimated to be May 15.

Today we attended our first childbirth class at Akron General. We learned a lot about labor and delievery. We saw graphic videos of a few births that really just freaked me out. I'm a wimp! But, all the videos showed women who had natural births...why in the world would anyone put themselves through that is beyond Anson & I. Next week we go back and we're looking forward to the tour of the Maternity floor.


It's hard to see, but notice the precious little baton laying on top of this shelf. Given to her by my good friend and former majorette advisor, Jen Waybright. I love this special gift and can't wait to teach baby how to twirl!
We bought the shelves Friday night. Anson stained them and hung them in time for our company to see on Saturday. Grandma C. is making us curtains and a table drape for the stand where the TV is. We placed a blanket on the stand until we receive them.
Last night while we were showing Jill & Josh the nursery, Jill looked in the crib and said "There's a cat in there!" Peeve had claimed the crib as his new bed. It was really funny! And, Slater is usually seen lounging in the rocker.

Anson now has to share his closet. (Sorry Babe!) I love all the cute clothes we got at the shower last weekend. I'm just afraid she'll outgrow them faster than she can wear them all. Especially if she's a 9 pound baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great guys. You really know what you're doing when it comes to decorating your house.

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Hi Anson & Mae,

The room looks really great! You are going to be such a good mommy & daddy!

Love, Mom C

Kim and Matt said...

The nursery is so cute Mae! :) Can't wait to see the little one in there!! I can't believe that you might be having her sooner too. That's just crazy!! Oh well, the sooner you get to snuggle and love her huh?? So excited! :)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I read about the cats, I bet they think this is all for them. the room looks great!
Dad Cross

Anonymous said...

Hi Anson and Mae,

We love the baby's room and see that you already set up our present.
It's nice to take part in your life this way.. keep it up, who knows, I may set up a site like this too... so you can be closer to Germany.
We love you, sorry that we missed your babyshower (I am sure you understand) and we wish you all the Best for your future with your child.
Love you, Bob and Brigitte