Thursday, August 9, 2007

Last Day of Maternity Leave :(

Her face says it all...


Today I enjoyed my last day of my 12-week maternity leave. I cannot believe it's over. I have mixed feelings about going back. I want to return to work. I enjoy my job, my co-workers, and my career. However, I am very sad to leave my Calla Lily. We talked a lot today, and I told Lily how much I love her and that I'm leaving her in good hands. I think she's okay with it. I told her that I hope to watch her children someday!

Funny little stretch that she always does after sleeping or nursing.
Look of determination. She has really great control over that neck of hers.
My other babies...Peeve, Slater and Sampson. As long as the cats can escape to a high place, these 3 live in peace.
Baby Girl by the scrapbook I made for her. I'm very proud of it =)
Bet you yawn when you look at this picture!
Such a sweet little face.A few minutes ago, Anson was holding Lily and she laughed! We both heard it. It was such a wonderful sound and a great moment! I only regret that I will miss out on some of her other firsts. But, I know I am not a stay-at-home Mom. Wish me luck as I settle back into my work routine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck tomorrow Maeday!!! think happy thoughts :)

Kim and Matt said...

I hope your day went well yesterday. :) Like I said before, it is a tough adjustment but once you get through the first few weeks, you just settle back in to a routine. I know I say this all the time, but Lilly is just so darn cute! Thanks for the picture by the way. :)