Monday, June 8, 2009

Back to Reality

ItalicLast Monday I went back to work, back to reality. It was definitely difficult and has been an adjustment trying to keep up with everything. It was nice to go back and see everyone, but I really miss the munchkins during the day. And by the time we get home at night, eat dinner, clean up, etc. it seems like it's 9:00 before we know it. I am going to start working 8-4:30 so I c an get home a little earlier. Before I went back to work, Dillon was sleeping 8-9 hours at night. Last week he woke up nearly every night. It's an adjustment for him, too. I'm sure it will get easier...it'll just take some time.

Tomorrow we return to reality after an extended weekend. Saturday we spent over at Grandma's house with Dennis, Jeanne and the kids...cleaning, fixing things, helping them get the house ready to sell. We were there until 9 Sat. nite. When we got home, we had to hurry and pack and get ready for Jill and Josh's wedding, which was yesterday down at Hocking Hills. We left the house around 10, dropped the kids off at my Mom & Dad's and got down there around 3. The ceremony was at 5 and it was a gorgeous evening. The wedding was really pretty and all went very well! After the ceremony we ate a 6 course meal. It took 2 hours. It was delicious and we were stuffed!

There were only about 25 people there and we all got to stay the night in cabins with hot tubs! Anson and I really enjoyed the time together and away from the kids.

We really appreciate my parents. I don't know what we'd do without them. They took Sampson ("Samba" as Lily calls him) overnight too!

This morning we got up, ate a really nice breakfast, checked out and went for a hike. After picking up the kids, we got home around 5. All evening we cleaned and unpacked. Anson gave the kids and dog a bath (not together, of course). We are exhausted and ready for bed!

Dillon turned 3 months on Saturday!
Bridesmaids - Tracy (her sister), Trisha (her cousin), Jill, Mindy and me

Jill's side of the family!
Me and Babe

Our cabin - Gordon!
Mindy getting ready
Anson sitting on the bed.
Hiking!

This is the spot where Josh proposed to Jill. The happy newlyweds!
It's so pretty down there.

Dillon laughing at Daddy!

1 comment:

ken & jen said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful wedding!