Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day to Anson!

Yesterday we celebrated Anson's 3rd Father's Day! Can you believe that? I can't. I think he had a great day. In the morning we went to the park with the kids and puppy. When we get to the big open field, Lily knows we will let her out and she immediately begins shouting "Out!" She loves to run and chase the birds, and her newest thing is to do somersaults in the grass. The hard part is convincing her to get back in the stroller so we can finish our walk. Luckily, yesterday, I was able to tell her we were going home to go in the pool! Some days, telling her she's going to get a bath works too.

Anyhow, in the afternoon, my parents and brother came over for dinner. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls and strawberry shortcake. I did all the cooking and most of the clean-up. I wanted Anson to have a day off to relax. He did the same for me on Mother's Day.

Anson opening his gifts. Lily & Dillon got him a mug with their photo on it that says "We love you, Daddy" and a pencil holder with a different photo of them on it. I got him a "coupon" for a new video game. He mentioned that he wants the new Tiger Woods game so I told him to go get it =)
Lily really wanted to see the coupon!
Lily splashing and playing in her pool. She's a fish. I can't wait to take her to the big pool this year. She's going to be so much fun!

On Saturday night, Jill & Josh had a bonfire. We had a lot of fun seeing everyone, especially Matt and Kim who we don't get to see often.
Jaben and Mindy teaching Lily how to play football
Great action shot, huh? Anson took it!
"Milky" break

Video of Dillon blowing raspberries. Of course, he pretty much stopped doing it when I got the camera out, but there's a few in this video!

Other Updates:
  • We're doing Weight Watchers again. Unofficially this time, but I lost 3.6 pounds last week. My parents are letting us borrow their treadmill so that will help, too. Plus, I've been walking almost everyday at work on my lunch break. Every little bit helps!

  • Dillon has been sleeping all night pretty much every night except last night. He woke me up at 3 and I didn't really go back into a deep sleep. So I am very sleepy right now.

  • Sampson went to the vet last weekend. He lost 20 pounds since last year! The vet was impressed! He has an infection on his neck but other than that he's healthy. The infection is from his old collar, we think. Anson has been taking care of it so it's clearing up.

No comments: