Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend!

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend! It was just the four of us all weekend long. We spent some good quality time together! We haven't had that in a really long time. It seems like we are always rushing around to get somewhere.

On a sadder note, my Daddy is really sick. He is in the hospital with pneumonia! We were supposed to go jet skiing this weekend with my parents, but Dad was too sick to go. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

On Wednesday, I gave Dillon some rice cereal with a spoon for the first time. He ate a few bites but then started crying. Most of it ended up on his bib! This was my attempt to get him to sleep all night again. Last week we he woke me up almost every night!
We spent the majority of Friday in our jammies! It was great. Once Lily got up from her nap, we headed down to Belden Village for some shopping and dinner at Chili's. Anson got new glasses and we spent way too much money at Target, Babies R Us, Sam's and Giant Eagle.
Lily eating breakfast on Friday morning.
Dillon is such a happy baby! He's always smiling, giggling and talking or screaming. He's ticklish too! We tickle him on his tummy and sides and he squirms and giggles. It's adorable.
Lily sitting on "Samba." This photo is cute because I caught Sampson in mid lick.
Lily loves to sit in the bouncy seat. She usually gets herself stuck, though!
On Saturday we did some chores around the house. Anson mowed and I cleaned. Anson cooked us some burgers and fries that were so yummy. Then, Lily and I took a nice nap. Later we went to see the Akron fireworks downtown. We tried to recruit some friends to go with us, but everyone was busy. I treated myself to some Diary Queen! I'm still doing WW, though, and it's going great!
We found a nice spot off of Market Street. We didn't want to be in the downtown thick of it, but we certainly wanted to be close enough.
Lily playing and reading books, dressed in red. It was really chilly Sat. nite. Too cold to be July 4th!
Me and Dillon dressed in blue.
My gorgeous husband also dressed in blue!
My boys!
Isn't this the cutest picture?
Dillon fell asleep and Lily was reading her books
Babe playing games and music on his phone.
Just before the show started! I wasn't sure how they would like the fireworks because they are so loud. Lily started fussing a little at first, but then she really liked them! Dillon and I just laid on the blanket and watched them.
We had great seats!
Lily and Daddy watching the fireworks! All the way home, Lily said "We see boom-booms. I like them!"
On Sunday morning, Lily was so excited to go to the pool that she tried to dress herself in her suit.
My stud! He's shiny because I had just put sunscreen on him!
We took the kids to Griffith's Pool off of Cleve-Mass Road. Jen and Ken introduced us to this pool last year. It's great for small kids because the kiddie pool starts at 6 inches and goes to 2 ft deep. There was no one else at the kiddie pool the whole time we were there. Lily had a blast! She was freezing, though. Her lips were blue. We kept asking her if she wanted to get out and she kept saying "No, I warm." It's only $4.50 a person to get in and we can take our own food in! Unlike Clearwater which is double the price and you have to buy their food!
On break, Lily eating an apple!
The apple. Anson took this picture because he thought her apple was hilarious-looking.
Bathing Beauty! We even took Dillon in the pool!
Daddy throwing Lily up in the air
Dillon napping in the shade that we made for him
Dillon screaming and Lily talking

Daddy and Lily in the pool
Quick Lily Story: Lily is the keeper of who can come when we go somewhere. As soon as Anson and I start talking about going somewhere, she says "I come!" Then she'll go on to say "Mommy come... Daddy come... Dingdon (Dillon) come..." She also says "Samba come" and "Milky come" or "Blankie come." It's cute. As we are getting in the van, she does a roll call..."Daddy?" "Mommy?" "Dingdon?" We have to say "yes" or "here" or else she'll keep saying our name. She's too precious!
HAPPY 34th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO MOM & DAD CROSS!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great update! It looks like you were having a great time. Such a beautiful family!!!! I can't believe how big Dillon is getting. And it sounds like Lily is talking a lot more.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 34 years...where does the time go?
Love, Mom C

ken & jen said...

I love Dillon's bib! Glad you guys had a great weekend! Looking forward to seeing you soon!