Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WhirlyBall

On Sunday, the gang headed up to Bedford Heights to play WhirlyBall. We had a blast! We rented the court for 2 hours and we had enough people to make 3 teams of 5, so we all got to play a lot. The teams were:

Jill's Team - Jill, Anson, Brent, Megan and David
Mindy's Team - Mindy, Jeremy, Vicky, Tim, and Dave
My Team - Mae, Josh, Jamie, Kyle and Tracey

For those of you who don't know what Whirlyball is, it is a combination of bumper cars, basketball and hockey. You drive the bumper car while trying to get the ball, pass the ball or score with the ball. To score, you must use your "scoop" to throw the ball at a goal that is up in the air much like where a basketball hoop is. It is so much fun!

Me, out in the middle of the court, waiting for someone to pass to me!
Anson smiling at the camera. The waiting area is behind a glass, so it's really hard to get good photos.
Jill and Jeremy going up for the ball.
Jill, Mindy and Megan
Josh, Me and Jeremy
Diane (Jill's Mom) watched Baby Girl while we played.
Baby Girl would smile and giggle when her Daddy zoomed by her in his bumper car. (Ignore the date on the next two photos. It was accidentially set wrong)
David and Lillers
The last two photos were taken at Rockne's on Saturday. We spent the day out shopping and running errands. Baby Girl got to sit in a Big Girl clip on high chair. And, she ate Kraft Mac N Cheese from the Kid's Menu.

Weight Watchers Update: So you may be wondering about our WW progress. Our first 18 week program ended in mid March. We tried to continue the program without attending the meetings, but I wasn't able to hold myself accountable enough to continue losing. Anson has done really well on his own, but I decided I need the accountability of going to get weighed in every week. So, I signed up for another 18 week program. Last Tuesday I went and I had gained about 4 pounds. But, this was my first week back, and I lost 6.6 pounds, so I'm back in the positive... or negative depending on how you look at it =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

our group is the best, we are so much fun! i love us :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing , I seem to remember something like that in Cleveland, where we had to ride bumper cars, and shoot baskets. Love the pictures of Lilly, and all of you.
Dad Cross